Colledara, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
Colledara was established as a municipality in the 20th century, taking the place of Castiglione della Valle, and today includes the "frazioni" of Ornano Grande and Ornano Piccolo, Villapetto, Bascianella.
- Altitude: 430 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 30 km
- Population: ca. 2200 inhabitants
- Postal code: 64042
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
- How to reach it: Motorway A24 Rome - L'Aquila - Teramo, exit Isola del Gran Sasso, then follow the signs; by bus, from Teramo.
Follow us on Facebook
What to see
- The church of San Paolo, XII century, with a wooden Baroque altar
- The church of San Giorgio, in nearby Ornano, dating back to 1140
- Castiglione della Valle, a medieval borough and castle
- The church of San Michele Arcangelo, at Castiglione, of the early XIV century, with a painted wooden ceiling and beautiful bells.