Colledara, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
Colledara was established as a municipality in the 20th century, taking the place of Castiglione della Valle, and today includes the "frazioni" of Ornano Grande and Ornano Piccolo, Villapetto, Bascianella.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 430 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 30 km
- Population: ca. 2200 inhabitants
- Postal code: 64042
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
- How to reach it: Motorway A24 Rome - L'Aquila - Teramo, exit Isola del Gran Sasso, then follow the signs; by bus, from Teramo.
What to see
- The church of San Paolo, XII century, with a wooden Baroque altar
- The church of San Giorgio, in nearby Ornano, dating back to 1140
- Castiglione della Valle, a medieval borough and castle
- The church of San Michele Arcangelo, at Castiglione, of the early XIV century, with a painted wooden ceiling and beautiful bells.