Cermignano, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
Other Sections on Abruzzo
- Altitude: 563 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 22 km
- Population: ca. 1800 inhabitants
- Postal code: 64037
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
- Frazioni: Carbone, Casamarano, Casavino, Montegualtieri, Petriola, Piomba, Poggio delle Rose, Saputelli, Topetti, Villa Compagni, Villa Santa Maria.
Only in Norman times (1150-1167) there were the first fortifications and feudal lords. During the 14th century the feud passed to the Acquaviva and later to the Scorrano. In 1548 Cermignano, along with Montegualtieri, became a fief of De Sterlich family who in 1548 were appointed by the king Marquis of Cermignano.
What to see
- The Montegualtieri Tower, 18 m high
- The church of Santa Lucia
- The church of Sant'Eustachio (12th-13th century).
Events and Festivities
- Lu Santantonje, folk festival that takes place on the feast of St. Anthony around January 16 (often under the snow), with stands at various points of the place preparing grilled sausages, offered with excellent homemade wine, to the accompaniment of traditional songs and dances. At midnight all the various folk groups gather in Piazza De Sterlich to drink mulled wine offered by the Proloco. (by courtesy of Piero Quintiliani)
Where to stay
- "Da Pierino" (Bar Paradiso), very rustic and cozy.