Bellante, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
Situated on a hill between the rivers Tordino and Salinello from where a wonderful view of the Adriatic can be enjoyed, Bellante rises on the site of a pre-Roman settlement.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 350 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 17 km
- Population: ca. 6300 inhabitants
- Postal code: 64020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
- Frazioni: Bellante Stazione, Chiareto di Bellante, Collerenti, Molino San Nicola, Penna Alta, Penna Bassa, Ripattoni, San Mauro, Sant'Angelo a Marano, Sant'Arcangelo, Villa Ardente, Villa Casalena, Villa Rasicci
- How to reach it: by road, from Teramo, Giulianova Km 15 A14.
The present village took origin in the XII century on the Colle della Civita (where remains of the medieval walls can still be seen) then moved to its present position in the XVI century. It belonged to the Acquaviva, Riario and Cattaneo families.
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria with a Renaissance portal and a stuccoed interior, which contains fine canvases by Nicola Monti
- The tower with door at the entrance of the centre.
Events and Festivities
- May: festival of Sant'Attanasio
- 15 August: festival of Santa Maria in Herulis.