Basciano, Province of Teramo, Abruzzo
The village rises on a hill on the right bank of the Vomano.
- Altitude: 390 m a.s.l
- Distance from Teramo: 21 km
- Population: ca. 2200 inhabitants
- Postal code: 64030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0861
- Frazioni: Feudo da Borea, Feudo da Sole, San Rustico, Sant'Agostino, Santa Maria, Tomolati, Pantane, Sbaragli, Pian Mulino, Zampitto, Villa Portone, Villa Frio, Villa Ginestre, Cretone, Villa Guidotti, Vallone
- How to reach it: by road, Km 20 A14
Follow us on Facebook
The medieval centre rose in the XI century on the site of a Roman vicus of the I century B.C. and probably a pre-Roman settlement. In the course of the century it belonged to the Houses of Collepietro, Acquaviva and de Scorciatis
What to see
- The San Giorgio Tower, with a clock, above the ancient door leading into the medieval citadel
- The church of San Flaviano, XI century, with fine XIV century paintings
- The church of Santa Maria, outside the walls, with a ceiling in painted ceramics.
Events and Festivities
- Second week in August: Sagra del Prosciutto abruzzese and "Ddù botte" Festival, a competition among players of local instruments, with a procession of allegorical carts.
- September: Passeggiata delle Canestrelle, a procession to the Madonna of Ponte Lungo to offer gifts.