Turrivalignani, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy
Located in a splendid panoramic position, the small town preserves fine monuments and traditions.
Altitude: 312 m a.s.l -- Distance from Pescara: 33 km -- Population: ca. 800 inhabitants -- Zip code: 65020 -- Phone Area Code: 085 -- How to reach it: road: s.s. 5 Tiburtina; motorway: A25 exit Alanno-Scafa -- Frazioni: Pescarina
Nearby there were findings of Roman times. The first mention of the village was around the year 1000, with the name of Turri, and only in 1807 the term Valignani was added, after the family from Chieti who had lordship on the place until the abolition of feudalism..
Points of Interest
- Church of Santi Giovanni e Vincenzo, dating from the first half of the 12th century, with a very impressive interior, characterized by irregular shapes and sizes: three naves with unequal arches, and all different pillars and columns.
Events & Festivities
- First Sunday after Easter: Feast of St. Vincenzo
- May: Festival of broad beans
- Inizio Settembre: The Emigrant's Day, with festival of "sagne e fagioli" (pasta and beans)
- November: Thanksgiving holiday with parade in typical costumes of Abruzzo.