Sant'Eufemia a Majella, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo
Set in a panoramic position among the Majella, Morrone and Monte Rapina, the small town is an important tourist resort. Its territory includes nature reserves of great beauty and offers great trekking excursions.
- Altitude: 878 m a.s.l
- Distance from Pescara: 40 km
- Population: ca. 300 inhabitants
- Postal code: 65020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 085
- Frazioni: Roccacaramanico, San Giacomo
- How to reach it: by motorway, A25 exit Alanno-Scafa.
Follow us on Facebook
The first records go back to 1064, when the palce was given to the abbey of San Clemente a Casauria by Count Berardo. In the 16th century it belonged to Giacomo Arcucci, then to the d'Aquino family. It was a "frazione" of Caramanico, and became a separate municipality at the end of the 19th century.
What to see
- The church of San Bartolomeo, with a monumental tabernacle in carved wood
- The Nature Reserve Lama Bianca
- The Nature Reserve Valle dell'Orfento.
Events and Festivities
- 6 January: Living crib
- July: Feast of Santa Gioconda.
Where to stay
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames recorded in Sant'Eufemia a Majella
- People researching in Sant'Eufemia a Majella
- Newspaper articles on Sant'Eufemia a Majella.