Sant'Eufemia a Majella, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo
Set in a panoramic position among the Majella, Morrone and Monte Rapina, the small town is an important tourist resort. Its territory includes nature reserves of great beauty and offers great trekking excursions.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 878 m a.s.l
- Distance from Pescara: 40 km
- Population: ca. 300 inhabitants
- Postal code: 65020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 085
- Frazioni: Roccacaramanico, San Giacomo
- How to reach it: by motorway, A25 exit Alanno-Scafa.
The first records go back to 1064, when the palce was given to the abbey of San Clemente a Casauria by Count Berardo. In the 16th century it belonged to Giacomo Arcucci, then to the d'Aquino family. It was a "frazione" of Caramanico, and became a separate municipality at the end of the 19th century.
What to see
- The church of San Bartolomeo, with a monumental tabernacle in carved wood
- The Nature Reserve Lama Bianca
- The Nature Reserve Valle dell'Orfento.
Events and Festivities
- 6 January: Living crib
- July: Feast of Santa Gioconda.
Where to stay
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames recorded in Sant'Eufemia a Majella
- People researching in Sant'Eufemia a Majella
- Newspaper articles on Sant'Eufemia a Majella.