Salle, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo
Other Sections on Abruzzo
- Altitude: 450 m a.s.l
- Distance from Pescara: 47 km
- Population: ca. 300 inhabitants
- Postal code: 65020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 085
- Frazioni: Salle Nuova
- How to reach it: by motorway, A25 exit Torre de' Passeri.
Later on a number of feudal lords controlled the place, among them the Colonna, Gonzaga, Carafa, d'Aquino e and finally di Genova families. In recent years Baron Mario di Genova worked passionately in restoring the castle, in a bad shape after the 1933 earthquake, and established inside it a museum of local history. In the past Salle was known for his artisans makers of musical cords.
What to see
- Between Salle Vecchia and the modern centre rises the magnificent Castello di Genova (1208), hosting the Museo Civico.
- The Parco Nazionale della Majella.
Events and Festivities
- 16-18 July: Feast del Beato Roberto da Salle.