Roccamorice, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy
Rising on a rocky crest between the rivers Lavino and Lannella, the village is located within the National Park of Maiella and is well-known because of the presence nearby of one among the most beautiful monasteries of Abruzzo.
Altitude: 520 m a.s.l -- Distance from Pescara: 43 km -- Population: ca. 1000 inhabitants -- Zip code: 65020 -- Phone Area Code: 085 -- How to reach it: motorway: A25 uscita Alanno-Scafa -- Frazioni: Collarso, Pagliari, Piano delle Castagne
Of medieval origin, from the 15th until the 18th century it was a fief of the Valignani family.
Points of Interest
- the Hermitage of Santo Spirito a Majella, already mentioned in the 9th century AD, and restored several times in later centuries
- the Hermitage of San Bartolomeo
- the parish church
- the Parco Nazionale della Maiella
Events & Festivities
- Late August: Cattle Fair
- 24-26 August: Feast of San Donato
- 25 August: Procession of S. Bartolomeo, from the Hermitage to the Church
- August: Festival of the "rustico"