Roccamorice, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo
Rising on a rocky crest between the rivers Lavino and Lannella, the village is located within the National Park of Maiella and is well-known because of the presence nearby of one among the most beautiful monasteries of Abruzzo.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 520 m a.s.l
- Distance from Pescara: 43 km
- Population: ca. 1000 inhabitants
- Postal code: 65020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 085
- Frazioni: Collarso, Pagliari, Piano delle Castagne
- How to reach it: by motorway, A25 exit Alanno-Scafa.
Of medieval origin, from the 15th until the 18th century it was a fief of the Valignani family.
What to see
- The Hermitage of Santo Spirito a Majella, already mentioned in the 9th century AD, and restored several times in later centuries.
- The Hermitage of San Bartolomeo.
- The parish church.
- The Parco Nazionale della Maiella.
Events and Festivities
- Late August: Cattle Fair
- 24-26 August: Feast of San Donato
- 25 August: Procession of S. Bartolomeo, from the Hermitage to the Church
- August: Festival of the "rustico".
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames recorded in Roccamorice
- People researching in Roccamorice
- Newspaper articles on Roccamorice.