Cepagatti, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo
Situated about midway between the cities of Chieti and Pescara, and a quarter of an hour driving from both, the small town rises where the Nora river flows into the Pescara river. It is today a lively commercial center, almost part of the Pescara Chieti conurbation, with a hinterland however of beautiful hills and farmland.
- Altitude: 145 m a.s.l
- Distance from Pescara: 19 km
- Population: ca. 8000 inhabitants
- Postal code: 65012
- Dialing Area Code: +39 085
- How to reach it: by road, s.n. 602 da Pescara; by motorway, A25 uscita Chieti.
Follow us on Facebook
Archeological findings showed the presence of a Roman settlement in the area: there are remains of a wall built in the Roman technique of the opus reticolarum, in the vicinity of the parish church. In the Middle Ages it was a fiefdom first of the Ventignano dukes, and passed as a heritage to the Valignani family.
What to see
- The 15th-century Valignani Tower also called "Alex" and the castle
- The Marquis Palace
- The church of Saints Lucia and Rocco
- The church of San Martino
- In the area called Cantò or Cantù prehistoric remains dated to the lower Paleolithic.
Events and Festivities
- 15-16 July: Festivity of the Madonna del Carmine
- July: Festival of bread, oil and tomato
- 6 August: Festivity of San Donato
- 13-16 Agosto: Patron feast for Saints Rocco and Lucia, with a parade of wagons and a medieval reenactement called "Palio dei Saraceni".