Brittoli, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo
Located between the valleys of the river Nora and the Cigno stream, the territory of Brittoli is included in the Gran Sasso-Laga National Park and hosts the Natural Reserve Voltigno and Valle d'Angri, established in 1989. The village center is perched on a mountain crest and has an elliptical structure divided into two parts: one around the noble palace and the attached small church, and the other consisting of houses arranged as in a comb.
- Altitude: 779 m a.s.l
- Distance from Pescara: 45 km
- Population: ca. 500 inhabitants
- Postal code: 65010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 085
- How to reach it: by motorway, A25 exit Torre de' Passeri.
Follow us on Facebook
Of medieval origin, Brittoli formed around the castle, mentioned for the first time in the foundation decree of the Monastery of San Bartolomeo in 962, among the castles donated to the Monastery by Count Berardo of Penne. Afterwards on the site of the castle a palace was built. The center had, among its lords, the D'Afflitto family.
What to see
- The Pagliaccia Palace .
- The Chapel of Sant'Antonio.
- The Gran Sasso-Laga National Park.
Events and Festivities
- 4-5 August: feast of Madonna della Neve (Virgin of the Snows).