19 July 2001
The summaries in English were extracted from complete articles published on Il Centro - Quotidiano d'Abruzzo and Il Messaggero - Abruzzo edition.
News Archives by Year
Other News Indexes
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
19 July 2001 - Il Messaggero
Pescara - friars and gentlemen in the Franciscan cemetery / Frati e patrizi nel cimitero dei cappuccini, by Ernesto Grippo
The Basilica della Madonna dei Sette Dolori was built in the 16th century, where in an oaktree forest on a stone a painting of the Virgin Mary with seven swords in her heart appeared. On 26 november 1655 the parish was established. In the following centuries friars and prominent citizens were buried in the church.