Fagnano Alto, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo
Located on a small hill along the Aterno river, Fagnano consists of a number of small hamlets: Opi, Castello, Ripa and Termine.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 665 m a.s.l
- Distance from L'Aquila: 20 km
- Population: ca. 500 inhabitants
- Postal code: 67020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0862
- How to reach it: by road, S.S. n° 261 Subequana.
A fiefdom of the Alessandri Family, Fagnano was formerly called Offagianum.
What to see
- The ruins of the castle.
- At Ripa, the splendid church of San Rocco.
Events and Festivities
- 5 - 6 August: Truffle Festival, with games, music and dances.
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames presently recorded in Fagnano Alto
- People researching in Fagnano Alto
- Newspaper articles on Fagnano Alto.