Collepietro, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy
Located on a hill overlooking the plain of Sulmona, Collepietro preserves remains of ancient city walls, on whose foundations houses were partially built.
Altitude: 849 m a.s.l -- Distance from L'Aquila: km -- Population: ca. 360 inhabitants -- Zip code: 67020 -- Phone Area Code: 0862
Already mentioned in the 11th century among the properties of the abbey of San Benedetto in Perillis, it was under several families, among them the Caracciolo.
Points of Interest
- church of St. Giovanni Battista, with a beautiful Renaissance portal.
Events & Festivities
- April: Feast of St. Vincent and Madonna del Buon Consiglio (=Our Lady of Good Counsel)
- June: Feast of St. John and St. Antony of Padua
- August: emigrant festival
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
- Agriturism: Il Tratturo | La Stella | Vigna Vecchia Ranch