Collepietro, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo
Located on a hill overlooking the plain of Sulmona, Collepietro preserves remains of ancient city walls, on whose foundations houses were partially built.
- Altitude: 849 m a.s.l
- Distance from L'Aquila: km
- Population: ca. 360 inhabitants
- Postal code: 67020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0862
Follow us on Facebook
Already mentioned in the 11th century among the properties of the abbey of San Benedetto in Perillis, it was under several families, among them the Caracciolo.
What to see
- The church of St. Giovanni Battista, with a beautiful Renaissance portal.
Events and Festivities
- April: Feast of St. Vincent and Madonna del Buon Consiglio (=Our Lady of Good Counsel)
- June: Feast of St. John and St. Antony of Padua
- August: emigrant festival.
Where to stay
- Agriturism: Il Tratturo | La Stella | Vigna Vecchia Ranch.