Collepietro, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo
Located on a hill overlooking the plain of Sulmona, Collepietro preserves remains of ancient city walls, on whose foundations houses were partially built.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 849 m a.s.l
- Distance from L'Aquila: km
- Population: ca. 360 inhabitants
- Postal code: 67020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0862
Already mentioned in the 11th century among the properties of the abbey of San Benedetto in Perillis, it was under several families, among them the Caracciolo.
What to see
- The church of St. Giovanni Battista, with a beautiful Renaissance portal.
Events and Festivities
- April: Feast of St. Vincent and Madonna del Buon Consiglio (=Our Lady of Good Counsel)
- June: Feast of St. John and St. Antony of Padua
- August: emigrant festival.
Where to stay
- Agriturism: Il Tratturo | La Stella | Vigna Vecchia Ranch.