Collarmele, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo
Collarmele dominates the Fucino basin, and was largely rebuilt after the earthquake of 1915.
- Altitude: 883 m a.s.l
- Distance from L'Aquila: km
- Population: ca. 1000 inhabitants
- Postal code: 67040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0863
Follow us on Facebook
On the site there was Cerfennia, an ancient settlement of the Marsi also mentioned by Livy. The medieval town rose, according the tradition, from the aggregation of many "vici" (=hamlets), and had an important oversight role in the area on the route of the Via Tiburtina Valeria. It became an independent municipality in 1816.
What to see
- The medieval round tower, miraculously escaped the disastrous effects of the 1915 earthquake.
- Near the village, the 16th-century Church of Madonna delle Grazie.
Events and Festivities
- 9 - 10 July: Feast of St. Felicita and the seven martyr children
- 23 - 24 September: Feast of Madonna della Mercede.