Cappadocia, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo
Located on the slopes of the Colle Secco, Cappadocia developed in the Middle Ages. The village offers a wonderful view of the beautiful landscape of the Liri Valle.
- Altitude: 1100 m a.s.l
- Distance from L'Aquila: km
- Population: ca. 600 inhabitants
- Postal code: 67060
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0863
- How to reach it: by bus or train, from Avezzano; by road, A24 exit Tagliacozzo.
Follow us on Facebook
The history of Cappadocia is connected to that of the most important families of the Marsica area. It was part of the County of Marsi, Albe and Tagliacozzo; then from the Orsini it was eventually donated to the Colonna family in 1496. The earthquake of 1915 gave a severe blow to the place, almost completely destroying the ancient church of St. Margaret.
Events and Festivities
- 15 August: Feast of San Biagio And Santa Margherita.