Capitignano, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo
The small town is situated in a beautiful location a few miles from Lake Campotosto.
- Altitude: 900 m a.s.l
- Distance from L'Aquila: 35 km
- Population: ca. 700 inhabitants
- Postal code: 67014
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0862.
Follow us on Facebook
Capitignano was part of the so-called "Farnese estates," which passed to the Bourbons following the marriage of Philip V Bourbon with Elizabeth Farnese.
What to see
- The Palazzo Ricci in the nearby village of Mopolino
- The parish church, which houses a Renaissance organ and a precious cross of the school of Nicola from Guardiagrele.
Events and Festivities
- First Sunday in August: Meeting of the Alpine corps, in a small country church
- 2 August: Feast of Madonna degli Angeli (=Our Lady of the Angels).