Bugnara, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo
This picturesque medieval borough lies at the bottom of Colle Rotondo, along the right mank of the river Sagittario. Just outside the village remains of megalithic walls can still be seen.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 580 m a.s.l
- Distance from L'Aquila: 85 km
- Population: ca. 1200 inhabitants
- Postal code: 67030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0864
- How to reach it: by road, A25, exit Cocullo; bus and trains, from Sulmona.
The village rose in the XV century and successively belonged to the Sangros, Maricondas and finally Mormile.
What to see
- The church of the Rosario.
Events and Festivities
- 4-5 August: Feast of Madonna della Neve
4-5 September Feast of St. Magno and St. Vittorino.