Itineraries in Abruzzo
The discovery of the many resources this region has to offer to visitors has just about started, and under many points of view its natural, artistic and cultural treasures are still largely unknown to mass tourism.
This (unconventional) map of Abruzzo shows an eagle, bear and chamois (natural sites), sunumbrellas on the Adriatic and a skier (leisure time), a Romanesque church and the statue of an Italic warrior (history and architecture), a woman working on the traditional tombolo (typical crafts).
- Itinerary 1 - some of the finest castles of the region in Celano, L'Aquila, Calascio, Ortona, Crecchio and Roccascalegna.
- Itinerary 2 - L'Aquila, the regional capital (the itinerary was written in 1999, 10 years before the ruinous earthquake that makes now many points of interest forbidden to visitors.)
- Itinerary 3 - religious destinations in Abruzzo.
(text in Italian)
- Itinerario 1: Il Monte Velino
- Itinerario 2: Sentiero dell'abete bianco (Monti della Laga)
- Itinerario 3: La Cascata della Morricana (Monti della Laga)
- Itinerario 4: Le Gole del Salinello (Monti Gemelli)
- Itinerario 5: La Valle del Chiarino (Gran Sasso d'Italia)
- Itinerario 6: La vetta del Corno Grande (Gran Sasso d'Italia)