Festivities and events in the month of February.
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December
ItalyHeritage on Facebook
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Carnival representations and festivals in various places, no fixed day available
- Castiglione Messer Marino (CH): Carnevale castiglionese, with folk parade in costume
- Francavilla (CH): Carnevale d'Abruzzo
- Magliano dei Marsi (AQ):Carnevale, calcio torneo, gioco popolare a squadre
- Pettorano sul Gizio (AQ): "testamento di carnevale"
- Rapino (CH): Theatrical representation of the Carnevale dei Briganti
- Sant'Egidio alla Vibrata (TE): Carnevale Sant'Egidiese, with parade of decorated waggons and people in costume for the best performance among the "contrade" (ancient city quarters)
- Tornareccio (CH): Fiera campionaria (Fair)
San Biagio is celebrated in many places with burning of a "fantoccio"
- Canzano (TE): celebration of patron San Biagio
- Castiglione a Casauria (PE): Feast of patron Saints Biagio and Emilio, with festivals of "moscato" wine and "ciambella" (typical cake baked on San Biagio's feast)
- Colledimezzo (CH): Feast of San Biagio
- Fontecchio (AQ): San Biagio Fair
- Taranta Peligna (CH): Feast of San Biagio, with preparation of "panicelle", loafs of bread in the form of the saint's fingers which, according to the tradition, are eaten in protection against throat ailments