Villalfonsina, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Other Sections on Abruzzo
- Altitude: 203 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 66 km
- Population: ca. 1000 inhabitants om 2010
- Postal code: 66020
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- How to reach it: motorway A14 uscita Vasto Nord - by road: SS 16 Adriatica.
According to one tradition, he populated the area with refugees from Slavonia (Sclavonia) - actually the belltower of the central church, Madonna della Neve, still bears clear traces of a Slavic architecture. Other sources report that the settlers were not from Slavonia, but Albania.
What to see
- The public fountain.
- The Villa Adami, XIX century.
- The Bosco di Don Venanzio, a few km away, one of the most beautiful forests in the region.
Events and Festivities
- April: Feast of Saint Irene.
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames presently recorded in Villalfonsina
- People researching in Villalfonsina
- Newspaper articles on Villalfonsina
- Villese cooperative society (Tel: 0873 902069), one of the most important producers of wine and oil of the province. This society comprises over 550 olive growers and 420 wine producers: every year there is a yield of 100,000 hectoliters of wine, among which IGT and DOC qualities. The extravirgin olive oil produced here has a very low acidity and a unique fruity flavour.