Torrebruna, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy
Located south-east of the Carunchina and Civitella hills, in the middle of a wooded area, the village offers a wonderful view over the valley of the Trigno river.
Altitude: 845 m a.s.l -- Distance from Chieti: 115 km -- Population: ca. 950 inhabitants in 2010 -- Zip code: 66050 -- Phone Area Code: 0873 -- Frazioni: Guardiabruna -- How to reach it: motorway A14 exit Vasto Nord or Vasto Sud - road: SS 86 from Vasto
Of medieval origin, in the Libro delle Decime (=Book of Tithes) of 1328 it is mentioned as Turribruna. It was a fief of the Caracciolo in 1451, then passed under the d'Avalos in the 18th century; in 1812 the hamlet of Guardiabruna, formerly under the Piccirilli family, was included in its jurisdiction.
Points of Interest
- The parish church of the Trasfigurazione di Nostro Signore Gesù Cristo of the 17th century, with a gilded, painted wooden organ of the 18th century by Antonio Ciavarelli.
- The baronial palace, in the nearby village Guardiabruna
Events & Festivities
- Mid-August: Feast of St. Placido
- 14-15 September: Feast of St. Vittoria at Guardiabruna
- 4-5 October: Feast of the Patron Saint Rocco
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
- Hotel Danenza