Poggiofiorito, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Small village situated on a hill, to the right of the Moro River, with beautiful views of the Maiella.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 290 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 43 km
- Population: ca. 950 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0871
- Frazioni: Chiusa, Martorella
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14 exit Ortona; by road, SS 538 from Ortona.
Poggiofiorito does not have ancient origins, since its first mention dates back to the 15th century AD. Until 1911 its name was Villa Arielli.
What to see
- The parish church
- The ancient Fonte Santa Maria.
Events and Festivities
- September: Grapes Festival.
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames presently recorded in Poggiofiorito
- People researching in Poggiofiorito
- Newspaper articles on Poggiofiorito.