Perano, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Perano rises in a splendid panoramic position amidst olive and fruit trees in the Sangro Valley, along the right bank of the river.
- Altitude: 256 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 65 km
- Population: ca. 1700 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- Frazioni: Barbetti, Cerraiolo, Crocetta, Fontolfi, Impicciaturo, Maligni, Pugliesi, Quadroni, San Pastore, San Tommaso, Sciorilli, Tomassuoli, Tramozzini.
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14, exit Val di Sangro, then state road SS 558; by road, SS 81 from Chieti.
Follow us on Facebook
Before the year 100 Perano lay in the territory ruled by San Clemente a Casauria. In 1038 Peranum was recorded among the possessions of the Abbey of Santa Maria delle Tremiti, then passed to San Giovanni in Venere and later to the Congregazione of San Filippo Neri from Roma. Finally in the 18th century it came under the rule of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies.
What to see
- The Townhall.
- The fine parish church of San Tommaso Apostolo.
Events and Festivities
- Late May: Feasts of saints Filippo Neri and Nicola.
- Late September: Madonna dell'Addolorata and San Rocco.
Where to stay
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio - p.Umberto I - Tel: +39 0872 898114
- Parrocchia - S.Tommaso Apostolo - 9 p. Umberto I - Tel: +39 0872 898250
- Surnames presently recorded in Perano
- People researching in Perano.