Mozzagrogna, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated on a crest dominating the lower Sangro valley, this small centre with its strange name (derived from one of its lords) is surrounded by a rich agricultural landscape.
- Altitude: 223 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: km
- Population: ca. 2300 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- Frazioni: Castel di Sette, Castelli, Cavezza, Colle Ruzzo, Cornice, Cuna Re di Coppe, Fonte della Noce, Lucianetti, Ponticelli, Rosciavizza, Villa Romagnoli
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14 exit Lanciano.
Follow us on Facebook
The early name was Villa Schiavone, and originated from a colony of Slavic refugees who made their new homes here in the XVI century, after narrowly escaping the Turks in their native land. The village suffered heavy damages during the Second World War.
What to see
- Beautiful Villa Marcantonio, designed by architect Adolfo Coppedé in the early XX century.
- The Castello di Sette.
Events and Festivities
- July: Truffle Pasta Festval
- 16 August: Feast of San Rocco
- September: Grapes festival.