Montelapiano, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated among green pastures and oakwoods, just below Montevecchio, due to ruinous landslides it is almost nearly abandoned.
- Altitude: 740 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 89 km
- Population: ca. 80 inhabitants
- Postal code: 66040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- How to reach it: by road, SS 652 from Castel di Sangro, or SS 84 and SS 652 from Lanciano.
Follow us on Facebook
The village rose in the 15th century, and belonged to a long line of lords. For some decades now it has been an independent municipality.
What to see
- The parish church, with fine wooden statues of the 17th century
Events and Festivities
- 19-20 August: Feast of Patron Saint Bonifacio.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, 66040 Montelapiano (CH) - tel. +39 0872-944482
- Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, 1 p.Croce, 66040 Montelapiano (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872-940314
- Surnames presently recorded in Montelapiano
- People researching in Montelapiano.