Montelapiano, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated among green pastures and oakwoods, just below Montevecchio, due to ruinous landslides it is almost nearly abandoned.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 740 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 89 km
- Population: ca. 80 inhabitants
- Postal code: 66040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- How to reach it: by road, SS 652 from Castel di Sangro, or SS 84 and SS 652 from Lanciano.
The village rose in the 15th century, and belonged to a long line of lords. For some decades now it has been an independent municipality.
What to see
- The parish church, with fine wooden statues of the 17th century
Events and Festivities
- 19-20 August: Feast of Patron Saint Bonifacio.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, 66040 Montelapiano (CH) - tel. +39 0872-944482
- Parrocchia di San Michele Arcangelo, 1 p.Croce, 66040 Montelapiano (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872-940314
- Surnames presently recorded in Montelapiano
- People researching in Montelapiano.