Liscia, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
On a high hill along the left bank of the Treste river, this centre of medieval origin is interesting for its many, fine medieval and Renaissance buildings, with Church of San Martino on the top.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 740 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 98 km
- Population: ca. 700 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- How to reach it: by road, SS 86 from Vasto.
The present village rose in the 12th century. It belonged to the important Monteodorisio county.
What to see
- Sant'Angelo Grotto, a few miles away, a favourite religious destination, where St. Michael Archangel is wordhipped.
Events and Festivities
- 8 May and 29 September: Feast of San Michele.