Guilmi, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated high in the upper Sinello valley, this village is famous for its salumi (pork products).
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 674 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 92 km
- Population: ca. 440 inhabitants in 2020
- Postal code: 66050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- How to reach it: by road, SS 86 from Vasto.
In the 11th century AD the area was given to the Monastery of Santo Stefano, later on it belonged to the D'Avalos family.
What to see
- The Palazzo Lizzi.
Events and Festivities
- May: Fair of cattle and typical products
- May: Feast of St. Nicola, with procession pf people bearing the characteristic Abruzzese conche (copper pots) full of local food, which are then auctioned for sale.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, p. Italia, 66050 Guilmi (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 869146/869214
- Surnames presently recorded in Guilmi.