Guilmi, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy
Situated high in the upper Sinello valley, this village is famous for its salumi (pork products).
Altitude: 674 m a.s.l -- Distance from Chieti: 92 km -- Population: ca. 440 inhabitants in 2020 -- Zip code: 66050 -- Phone Area Code: 0872 -- How to reach it: road: SS 86 from Vasto
In the 11th century AD the area was given to the Monastery of Santo Stefano, later on it belonged to the D'Avalos family.
Points of Interest
- Palazzo Lizzi
Events & Festivities
- May: Fair of cattle and typical products
- May: Feast of St. Nicola, with procession pf people bearing the characteristic Abruzzese conche (copper pots) full of local food, which are then auctioned for sale
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
- Ristorante bar Il Pino, v. Circonvallazione 11, 66050 Guilmi (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 869279
Genealogy, News & Links
- Municipio, p. Italia, 66050 Guilmi (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 869146/869214
- Surnames presently recorded in Guilmi