Furci, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy
This small centre, famous for its textile crafts, rises on a high hill between rivers Sinello and Treste.
Altitude: 550 m a.s.l -- Distance from Chieti: 95 km -- Population: ca. 1100 inhabitants in 2010 -- Zip code: 66050 -- Phone Area Code: 0873 -- Frazioni: Morelle, Morge, Solagnoli -- How to reach it: road: SS 86 from Vasto; motorway: A-14 exit Vasto Sud
A Roman settlement left archeological traces in the area. Then in the Middle Ages a fortified borough existed where now the village lies. In the 18th century it belonged to the D'Avalos family.
Points of Interest
- Church of St. Sabino, with a high, majestic belltower and some 15th-century statues.
- in the vicinity, there is a sanctuary dedicated to Blessed Angelo from Furci
Events & Festivities
- 16-17 May and 13 September: Feast of the Patron Saints
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
- Ristorante Pensione Lu Fuculare, v. Rischiaro 11, 66050 Furci (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 939181
- Pizzeria Da Toni, v. Ottava Strada 6, 66050 Furci (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 939394