Furci, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
This small centre, famous for its textile crafts, rises on a high hill between rivers Sinello and Treste.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 550 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 95 km
- Population: ca. 1100 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- Frazioni: Morelle, Morge, Solagnoli
- How to reach it: by road, SS 86 from Vasto; by motorway, A-14 exit Vasto Sud.
A Roman settlement left archeological traces in the area. Then in the Middle Ages a fortified borough existed where now the village lies. In the 18th century it belonged to the D'Avalos family.
What to see
- The church of St. Sabino, with a high, majestic belltower and some 15th-century statues.
- in the vicinity, there is a sanctuary dedicated to Blessed Angelo from Furci.
Events and Festivities
- 16-17 May and 13 September: Feast of the Patron Saints
Where to stay
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, v. Vittorio Veneto, 66050 Furci (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 939157
- Parrocchia, S. Sabino Vescovo, v. Vicenne 19, 66050 Furci (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 939103
- Surnames presently recorded in Furci
- People researching in Furci
- Newspaper articles on Furci.