Frisa, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy
A little North of Lanciano, an important centre in the Province of Chieti, spreading wide among hills covered with vineyards and olive trees, this small town has hidden beauties to offers to visitors.
Altitude: 237 m a.s.l -- Distance from Chieti: 43 km -- Population: ca. 1900 inhabitants in 2010 -- Zip code: 66030 -- Phone Area Code: 0872 -- Frazioni: Badia, Colle Alto, Colle della Fonte, Guastameroli, Vallone -- How to reach it: motorway: A-14 exit Lanciano
At nearby Piano di Maggio Roman walls were found, and the settlement was lively and rich already in the 11th century AD, when it belonged to the Counts of Chieti, since it was also along an important tratturo (transhumance route). Later on it came under the influence of Lanciano and a number of different families.
Points of Interest
- Church of St. Maria del Popolo, with a fine painting by Pietro Annigoni representing the Virgin with Child
- Church of St. Maria Assunta, with 13th-century frescoes
Events & Festivities
- 27 July: Feast of Saints Lucia and Pantaleone
- 16-21 August: traditional festival of "melon, prosciutto and bruschetta"
- First Sunday in September: Feast of Madonna delle Grazie
Genealogy, News & Links
- Municipio, v.Principe di Piemonte 14, 66030 Frisa (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 58115/58118
- Parrocchia, San Filippo Neri, v. XXIV Maggio 40/A, 66030 Frisa (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 58120
- Parrocchia, S. Lucia, viale della Madonna, 66030 Frisa (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 58113
- Surnames presently recorded in Frisa
- People researching in Frisa
- Newspaper articles on Frisa
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
- Ristorante Pizzeria La Sorgente di Spadano, ctr. Badia 19, 66030 Frisa (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 714182
- Ristorante Pizzeria The Fox, v. Gabriele D'Annunzio 5, 66030 Frisa (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 58395