Fresagrandinaria, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
The centre rises on a hill along the valley of the Trigno river, a few km away from the Adriatic.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 391 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 96 km
- Population: ca. 1100 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- Frazioni: Guardiola, Pagliarini, Pantano, Pidocchiosa
- How to reach it: by road, S.S. 650 from Vasto; by motorway, A-14 exit Vasto Sud.
In the 10th century AD the area was under the Benedectine monastery of St. Angelo, and was called just "Fresa", then it came under lord Riccardo Grandenatus, who added his name to the place.
What to see
- Remains of the Monastery of St. Angelo
- The typical village lanes.
Events and Festivities
- August: festival of "Porchetta" (roasted pork) and Emigrants' festival.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, p. Municipio, 66050 Fresagrandinaria (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 321136
- Surnames presently recorded in Fresagrandinaria
- People researching in Fresagrandinaria.