Fraine, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
The medieval centre lies in a panoramic position, on a hill between rivers Treste and Lama, against the background of the surrounding mountains. On top of the hill is the church with the belltower, and all around the village houses, separated by narrow alleys and flights of stairs.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 751 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 111 km
- Population: ca. 400 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- How to reach it: by road, SS 86 from Vasto.
The village rose in the 12th century and was under different lords, among them the Caracciolo.
Events and Festivities
- 30-31 May and 1 June: Feast of Patron Saint "Mater Domini".
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, v. Santa Maria Mater Domini 66050 Fraine (CH) - tel. (+39)0873 953246
- Surnames presently recorded in Fraine
- Newspaper articles on Fraine.