Filetto, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
The village rises on a hill between two streams. It is famous as the native place of the parents of Mempo Giardinelli, Argentinian writer and journalist.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 403 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 30 km
- Population: ca. 1000 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66030
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0871
- Frazioni: Casone Lenzetta, Viano
- How to reach it: by road, SS 363 from Lanciano; by motorway, A25 exit Chieti.
Filetto rose in the 12th century, and belonged to the Guglielmi and later Gigliani family.
What to see
- The church of Madonna della Libera, with a ceramics panel by artist Fedele Cappelletti in the facade.
Events and Festivities
- 25 July: Feast of St. Giacomo.
- 21 November: Feast of Madonna della Libera.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, p. del Municipio, 66030 Filetto (CH) - tel. (+39) 0871 891309
- Parrocchia Santa Maria delle Nevi, p. San Giacomo 66030 Filetto (CH) - tel. (+39) 0871 891224
- Surnames in Filetto
- People researching in Filetto
- Newspaper articles on Filetto.