Fallo, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
This small picturesque village, on a crest high above the left bank of the Sangro river, has undergone in the last decades a serious depopulation.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 575 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 71 km
- Population: ca. 150 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- How to reach it: by road, S.S. 652 from Castel di Sangro.
The first information about this centre date back to the 12th century. It belonged to many different families.
What to see
- The church of San Giovanni Battista, with a fine painting above the main altar and an 18th century silver cross.
Events and Festivities
- First Sunday in August: Feast of St.Giovanni Ferreri.
- First Monday in August: Feast of the Madonna del Perpetuo Soccorso.
Genealogy and Links
- Surnames presently recorded in Fallo
- People researching in Fallo
- Fallo e i Fallesi Website.
- Municipio, viale della Rimembranza 35 Fallo (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 940235