Dogliola, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
In the South of Abruzzo, situated in a small, picturesque valley along the Trigno river, this small group of houses stands out against the horizon with the high, typical roof of St. Rocco belltower.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 445 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 99 km
- Population: ca. 400 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- Frazioni: Fonte Marini
- How to reach it: by road, S.S. 650 from Vasto or Isernia; by motorway, A-14 exit Vasto Sud.
The name of the village comes from a Latin word, doliola, meaning small barrel, and is first mentioned in the XII century. It belonged to the important d'Avalos and later to the Marzi family.
Events and Festivities
- 20-21 June: Feast of Patron Saints Rocco and Luigi
- 24 July: "Thanksgiving", festival with procession of decorated waggons and auction sale of gifts.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, p.zza San Rocco, 66050 Dogliola (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 956147
- Parrocchia Santa Maria delle Grazie 66050 Dogliola (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 956115
- Surnames presently recorded in Dogliola
- People researching in Dogliola.