Dogliola, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
In the South of Abruzzo, situated in a small, picturesque valley along the Trigno river, this small group of houses stands out against the horizon with the high, typical roof of St. Rocco belltower.
- Altitude: 445 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 99 km
- Population: ca. 400 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66050
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- Frazioni: Fonte Marini
- How to reach it: by road, S.S. 650 from Vasto or Isernia; by motorway, A-14 exit Vasto Sud.
Follow us on Facebook
The name of the village comes from a Latin word, doliola, meaning small barrel, and is first mentioned in the XII century. It belonged to the important d'Avalos and later to the Marzi family.
Events and Festivities
- 20-21 June: Feast of Patron Saints Rocco and Luigi
- 24 July: "Thanksgiving", festival with procession of decorated waggons and auction sale of gifts.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, p.zza San Rocco, 66050 Dogliola (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 956147
- Parrocchia Santa Maria delle Grazie 66050 Dogliola (CH) - tel. (+39) 0873 956115
- Surnames presently recorded in Dogliola
- People researching in Dogliola.