Civitella Messer Raimondo, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
The medieval citadel rises on a crest, the beautiful Verde river flows just below, and in its later course joins the Aventino river.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 589 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 48 km
- Population: ca. 900 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- Frazioni: Calazzotto, Colle San Leonardo, Forconi, Gallo, La Fonte, Laruccia, La Selva, Piano Risorgimento, Vicenne
- How to reach it: Autoroute A16, Lanciano exit, then about 25 km of secondary roads.
Prehistoric and pre-Roman findings witness the antiquity of the human presence in the territory. As to the documents, the first mention of the village name dates back to the XII century.
What to see
- Palace of the Baglioni Barons.
Events and Festivities
- August: Sagra del formaggio pecorino (hard sheep cheese)
- Early September: Feast of San Rocco, Sant'Antonio and Madonna dell'Addolorata.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, 66010 Civitella Messer Raimondo (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 980162
- Surnames presently recorded in Civitella Messer Raimondo
- People researching in Civitella Messer Raimondo.