Castelguidone, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated on a hill between the rivers Valloncello and Lame delle Pesce, the village offers a breathtaking panorama of the Trigno valley, not far from the border with Molise. The village is characterized by picturesque alleys made of flight of steps and by beautiful stone houses.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 775 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 126 km
- Population: ca. 420 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- Frazioni: Inforchia, Piane
- How to reach it: by road, SS 86 from Vasto or SS 650 from San Salvo or Isernia.
Possibly of medieval origin, its name derives from the Germanic Wido (= forest), changed to Guido in Italian. In the 14th century there was a mention of a Castrum Guidonum.
Events and Festivities
- June 15: Feast of the Patron St. Vito
- Last Sunday of September: Feast of St. Clementina.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, p. Duca degli Abruzzi 20, 66040 Castelguidone (CH) - tel. (+39)0873 977348
- Surnames presently recorded in Castelguidone
- People researching in Castelguidone.