Castelguidone, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated on a hill between the rivers Valloncello and Lame delle Pesce, the village offers a breathtaking panorama of the Trigno valley, not far from the border with Molise. The village is characterized by picturesque alleys made of flight of steps and by beautiful stone houses.
- Altitude: 775 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 126 km
- Population: ca. 420 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66040
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0873
- Frazioni: Inforchia, Piane
- How to reach it: by road, SS 86 from Vasto or SS 650 from San Salvo or Isernia.
Follow us on Facebook
Possibly of medieval origin, its name derives from the Germanic Wido (= forest), changed to Guido in Italian. In the 14th century there was a mention of a Castrum Guidonum.
Events and Festivities
- June 15: Feast of the Patron St. Vito
- Last Sunday of September: Feast of St. Clementina.
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, p. Duca degli Abruzzi 20, 66040 Castelguidone (CH) - tel. (+39)0873 977348
- Surnames presently recorded in Castelguidone
- People researching in Castelguidone.