Casalanguida, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated on the slopes of the Hill of Montagnola between the valleys of the Sinello and Osento, Casalanguida is especially known for its band, founded in 1849, celebrated around the world.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 450 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 80 km
- Population: ca. 1000 inhabitants in 2011
- Postal code: 66031
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0872
- Frazioni: Cese, Valloni
- How to reach it: by road, s.s. 86 from Vasto; by motorway, A14 exit Vasto Nord.
Of medieval origin, the village was mentioned for the first time in the 12th century. It was a feud of Boemondo, Count of Manoppello, later belonged to Antonio Caldora, Matteo di Capua and ultimately to the d'Avalos family.
What to see
- The baronial palace
- The parish church
- The 19th-century Fountain.
Events and Festivities
- March 12: Feast of St. Nicola
- March 19: Feast of St. Giuseppe
- 8 August: Feast of St. Donato
- 7 October: Feast of Madonna del Rosario (=Our Lady of the Rosary).
Genealogy and Links
- Municipio, v. Porta da Capo, 66031 Casalanguida (CH) - tel. (+39) 0872 867381
- Surnames presently recorded in Casalanguida
- People researching in Casalanguida.