Casacanditella, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
Situated on a hill between the rivers Foro and Dendalo, the small town offers a beautiful panorama.
Other Sections on Abruzzo
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook
- Altitude: 432 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 20 km
- Population: ca. 1350 inhabitants in 2010
- Postal code: 66010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0871
- Frazioni: Calcara, Dendalo I, Dendalo II, Dendalo III, Foro, San Marco, Semivicoli, Sant'Angelo, Val di Foro I, Val di Foro II, Val di Foro III, Val di Foro IV
- How to reach it: SS 81 from Chieti; by motorway, A25 exit Chieti.
A settlement existed already in Roman times, as evidenced by findings. Mentioned as Candidus (= white) in the 9th century AD, in the 16th century it belonged to the De Letto and in the 18th passed to the Valignani family.
Events and Festivities
- Summer: Fisherman's Feast, with festivals of trout, wine, music and dancing
- 15 August: Feast of Our Lady of the Assumption, with a procession of the statue of Pope Gregory towards the statue of Our Lady, followed by a parade of so-called "verginelle" (=little virgins), young girls dressed in white and adorned with flowers.