Ari, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo
This small centre lies on a hill between two streams, Turri and Valle Cupa, surrounded by orchards and vineyards.
- Altitude: 289 m a.s.l
- Distance from Chieti: 19 km
- Population: ca. 1,700 inhabitants
- Postal code: 66010
- Dialing Area Code: +39 0871
- Frazioni: Curci, Foro, Pianagrande, San Antonio, San Pietro, Santa Maria, Turrimarchi
- How to reach it: by motorway, A14 exit Pescara Sud, then road S.S. 16 to the south and after about 10 kms road 263 to the hinterland.
Follow us on Facebook
The first trace of its existence is a mention of a church, San Pietro di Ari, among the possession of San Liberatore a Majella monastery. In later times it belonged to the Orsinis and subsequently to the city of Lanciano.
What to see
- The Orsini palace
- The church of Madonna delle Grazie, with a medieval wooden statue of the Virgin with Child.
Events and Festivities
- May: Feast of the Ascension
- September: "Porchetta" (roasted young pork) festival.
Genealogy and Links
- Ufficio Anagrafe - Municipio di Ari - v.Papa Giovanni XXIII - 66010 ARI (CH) - Tel: +39 0871 - 718643 --- Fax: 0871 - 718122
- Parrocchia San Salvatore, 10, v. roma - 66010 ARI (CH) - Tel: +39 0871 71146
- Surnames presently recorded in Ari
- People researching in Ari
- Newspaper articles on Ari.