Ari, Province of Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy
This small centre lies on a hill between two streams, Turri and Valle Cupa, surrounded by orchards and vineyards.
Altitude: 289 m a.s.l -- Distance from Chieti: 19 km -- Population: ca. 1,700 inhabitants -- Zip code: 66010 -- Phone Area Code: 0871 -- Frazioni: Curci, Foro, Pianagrande, San Antonio, San Pietro, Santa Maria, Turrimarchi -- How to reach it: motorway: A14 exit Pescara Sud, then road S.S. 16 to the south and after about 10 kms road 263 to the hinterland
The first trace of its existence is a mention of a church, San Pietro di Ari, among the possession of San Liberatore a Majella monastery. In later times it belonged to the Orsinis and subsequently to the city of Lanciano.
Points of Interest
- Orsini palace
- Madonna delle Grazie, with a medieval wooden statue of the Virgin with Child.
Events & Festivities
- May: Feast of the Ascension
- September: "Porchetta" (roasted young pork) festival
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
- Ristorante ORSINI 16 v.Val di Foro - 66010 ARI (CH) - Tel: +39 0871 718350
Genealogy, News & Links
- Ufficio Anagrafe - Municipio di Ari - v.Papa Giovanni XXIII - 66010 ARI (CH) - Tel: +39 0871 - 718643 --- Fax: 0871 - 718122 --- Web: http://www.comune.ari.ch.it/
- PARROCCHIA SS.SALVATORE 10, v. roma - 66010 ARI (CH) - Tel: +39 0871 71146
- Surnames presently recorded in Ari
- People researching in Ari
- Newspaper articles on Ari