The Coppola family
The Coppolas can boast winners of Academy Awards spanning three distinct generations:
- Carmine Coppola won the Academy Award for Best Original Score for "The Godfather - Part II"
- His son Francis Ford Coppola won the Oscar for best original screenplay for "Patton", best adapted screenplay for "The Godfather" and "The Godfather - Part II", for best film and best directing for "The Godfather - Part II"
- Grandchildren Nicolas Cage (born Nicolas Kim Coppola), and Sofia Coppola (daughter of Francis Ford) won Academy Awards, respectively, as Best Actor for "Leaving Las Vegas" and best original screenplay for "Lost in Translation".
And the other side of the family?
More to come...
And it is not over, its extended members encompass even more awards and an extraordinary influence in the arts of the 20th century, with more actors and actresses, directors, song-writers, composers, producers, as can be seen in the wonderful poster developed by Hollywood Reporter
Suggested reading and links
- Francis Ford Coppola's recollections of his Italian family: Back to Bernalda
- Italia Pennino Coppola's biography