Surnames in Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy
The lists of surnames were derived from the white pages of the 1990's for the recent lists, and from sources as indexes of births, "numerazioni", catasti onciari, parish records for previous centuries.
Surnames in the Provinces of Trentino-Alto Adige
Origin of Surnames
The isolation among the mountains and the political separation limited the diffusion of surnames from other areas of Italy, and there are a number of surnames are typical of the Province. A great number of surnames are Austrian, since until 1918 the province of Bolzano was part of Austria-Hungary.
- Province of Bolzano: Braies/Prags | Cortina sulla Strada del Vino/Kurtinig an der Weinstraße | Martello/Martell | Ponte Gardena/Waidbruck | Senale-San Felice/Unsere Liebe Frau im Walde-St. Felix
- Province of Trento: Amblar | Cagnò | Fierozzo | Frassilongo | Massimeno
- Over 500: Ferrari, Bertoldi, Sartori
- Between 300 and 400: Bertolini, Bortolotti, Boscardin, Comaschi, Dossi, Facchinelli, Lorenzi, Mair, Manzelli, Raffaelli, Rizzi, Sartori, Tomasi
- Between 200 and 300: Barbacovi, Carli, Chiocchetti, Conci, Costa, Dalmartello, Dalpiaz, Decarli, Fontanari, Giuliani, Gruber, Kofler, Leonardi, Mosna, Moser, Nardelli, Pedrotti, Miori, Pedrolli, Pisetta, Rossi, Simeoni, Tamanini, Tomaselli, Valle, Zeni, Zanon.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook