Surnames in Liguria, Italy
The lists of surnames were derived from the white pages of the 1990's for the recent lists, and from sources as indexes of births, "numerazioni", catasti onciari, parish records for previous centuries.
Surnames in the Provinces of Liguria
- Province of Genova: Crocefieschi | Orero | Rovegno | Tribogna
- Province of Imperia: Cesio | Lucinasco | Olivetta San Michele | Terzorio | Vessalico
- Province of La Spezia: Beverino | Sesta Godano
- Province of Savona: Magliolo | Zuccarello
Surnames typical of Liguria often have singular endings in -o and in -e.
- over 6,000: Parodi
- between 3,000 and 6,000: Ferrari, Pastorino, Bruzzone, Costa
- between 2,000 and 3,000: Canepa, Bianchi, Traverso, Ferrando, Zunino, Repetto, Ottonello
- between 1,500 and 2,000: Barbieri, Ricci, Martini, Poggi, Oliveri, Calcagno, Delfino
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook