Surnames in Friuli‑Venezia Giulia, Italy
The lists of surnames were derived from the white pages of the 1990's for the recent lists, and from sources as indexes of births, "numerazioni", catasti onciari, parish records for previous centuries.
Surnames in the Provinces of Friuli‑Venezia Giulia
- Province of Gorizia: Capriva del Friuli | Doberdò del Lago | San Lorenzo Isontino
- Province of Pordenone: Castelnovo del Friuli | Frisanco
- Province of Udine: Montenars | Zuglio
- Some typical surnames end in "is", in consonants "l", "n", "r", "z" (such as Canal, Manin, Furlan, Schiavon, Venier), in the suffixes "-ussi", "-utti", "-ut", "-az", "-oz".
- The patronymic "Di" is also common.
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook