Surname Adamo, D'Adamo, Adamoli and variations
From the name Adamo, derived from the Hebrew Adam = man. This first name was widespread in the Middle Ages. It is therefore a patronimic surname.
The listings collected from the white pages for Italy are based on the online phone directory for the years 2000-2005.
- [ Ab ]
- [ An ]
- [ B ]
- [ C ]
- [ Da ]
- [ De ]
- [ Dia ]
- [ Din ]
- [ Do ]
- [ E ]
- [ F ]
- [ G ]
- [ I ]
- [ J ]
- [ L ]
- [ M ]
- [ N ]
- [ O ]
- [ P ]
- [ Q ]
- [ R ]
- [ S ]
- [ T ]
- [ U ]
- [ V ]
- [ Z ]
Categories of Surnames
Follow ItalyHeritage on Facebook
Sections on Italian Genealogy
Surnames Divided by Region
The surname is relatively common with about 5,000 listings in the Italian white pages and is widespread in Italy, appearing in over 800 different comuni (1/10 of the total Italian communes). It is mostly concentrated in Sicilia and Campania, but also, though most probably as the result of internal immigration, in the industrial areas of Lombardy and Piedmont.
- White Pages: Adamo also appears in the United States with over 900 listings, in Canada with 227 listings, in Argentina with about a dozen listings.
- Ellis Island: over 1500 arrivals for ADAMO immigrants are recorded, coming mostly from Southern Italy.
The surname D'ADAMO appears in Italy with over 1,000 listings.
- White Pages: D'ADAMO also appears in the United States with over 100 listings, in Canada with 37 listings, in Argentina with about a dozen listings.
- Ellis Island: 290 arrivals for D'ADAMO immigrants are recorded, coming mostly from Southern Italy. The spelling may have changed in the States to Adamo (900 listings), Dadamo (4 listings)
The surname ADAMOLI appears in Italy with 266 listings. It is a northern surname, concentrated in Lombardy and Veneto.
- White Pages: ADAMOLI appears in the United States with 32 listings.
- Ellis Island: 68 arrivals for ADAMOLI immigrants are recorded, coming mostly from the north of Italy.
The surname ADAMELLI appears in Italy with 5 listings, in the vicinity of Reggio Emilia.
The surname ADAMOLLI appears in Italy with 11 listings, it is very rare, mostly concentrated in Friuli.
The surname appears in Italy with 20 listings. It is very rare, mostly concentrated in Tuscany.