Garibaldi's Thousand: Names deemed deserving
The list is based on "I Nomi dei Mille" (published on the Gazzetta Ufficiale of 12 November 1878). In addition to the list, Garibaldi added the portraits of those whom he considered "deserving to be alongside the Thousands". The names are listed below.
A | B | C | D | E - F | G | H - I | L | M | N | O | P | Q - R | S | T | U - V | Z | Added to the List by Garibaldi | Deserving to be Added
- BEGHELLI Giuseppe, born in Briga Marittima on 11 September 1847 - died in Nizza, 16 february 1877. A volunteer with Garibaldi in 1867 Wikipedia article
- BIANCHI-GIOVINI Aurelio, born in Como, 25 November 1799 - died in Milan, on 16 May 1862, a writer and leftist politician
- BRAMANTE Luigi, born in San Giovanni Rotondo (Foggia) on 12 June 1845, deceased in San Giovanni Rotondo on 12 November 1914. Lawyer and notary. A volunteer with Garibaldi in 1871.
- CECCARINI Giovanni
- CROCE Enrico, writer
- FERRARI Giuseppe
- FIORE Pietro
- GAIANI Guglielmo
- GARIBALDI Anita, born Ana Maria de Jesus Ribeiro on August 30, 1821 in Laguna, Kingdom of Brazil, was Giuseppe Garibaldi's first wife. She died on 4 August 1849 (aged 27) in Ravenna, Papal States - Wikipedia article
- MOROZZO DELLA ROCCA Enrico, a General, born in Turin on 20 June 1807, died in Luserna on 12 August 1897. Head of Stato Maggiore in 1859.
- UMILTÀ Angelo
- GRIMALE-LUBANSKY Enrico
- MAC ROBIN
- DU MALY
- RICCABONE Romeo
- ZANOJA Carlo, born in Bologna, a volunteer in 1866, amputee of the right leg, died in Turin in 1919.