Records in Roma
Before 20 September 1870 Roma was the capital of the Papal States. Civil Records were kept starting from January 1871. Before then, all records were only kept by the church.
- Names of the Victims of the San Lorenzo bombing of 19 July 1943
- Names of the Martyrs of Fosse Ardeatine
- On the Antenati Portal, a huge collection of Civil Records after 1871, with alphabetical 10-year indexes, of births (up to 1916), deaths and marriages (up to 1929).
- The Antenati Portal contains civil records online from 1871 to about 1916 for births, 1929 for deaths.
- Archivio di Stato di Roma - Contact: Sede centrale, Complesso di Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza, Corso del Rinascimento, 40 - 00186 Roma tel. 06/67235600 fax 06/68190871. Sede succursale, Via di Galla Placidia, 93 - 00159 Roma tel. 06/4370019.
- Archivio Storico Diocesano - preserves - as of July 2020 - about 10,000 books of baptism, marriages, deaths and status Animarum from 150 parich churches. Contact information: Via dell'Amba Aradam, 3, 00184 Roma (RM), Tel. +39 06.69886322; +39 06.69886323
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook