Italian Recipes for Gnocchi
The gnocchi are a cooking preparation extremely widespread in many countries of the world, with differences in shape or ingredients. They are small pieces of dough, usually round in shape, boiled in water or broth and then seasoned to liking.
The etymology is from a 15th-century term bignocco (=lump). The Gnocchi are an ancient food, prepared with different flours: wheat, rice, semolina flour, with potatoes, dry bread, tubers or various vegetables. Nowadays, the most common in Italy are prepared with potatoesand are usually served as a first course; those prepared with semolina are called alla romana.
Index of Recipes for Gnocchi
- Gnocchetti sardi al gorgonzola e noci
- Gnocchetti sardi alla pescatrice
- Gnocchetti sardi allo zafferano
- Gnocchetti sardi al sugo
- Gnocchetti sardi alle erbe aromatiche
- Gnocchetti tedeschi
- How to make the Gnocchi di Patate
- Gnocchi alla bava
- Gnocchi rossi alla ferrarese
- Gnocchi alla "gratiroeula"
- Gnocchi alla piemontese
- Gnocchi alla romana
- Gnocchi alla rucola
- Gnocchi di farina bianca e menta
- Gnocchi di spinaci
- Knödl (gnocchi atesini)
Follow Italy Heritage on Facebook