Where: Spoleto, province of Perugia, Umbria, Italy
Official website: www.spoletofestival.it
Festival dei Due Mondi, Spoleto, Umbria
The Festival dei Due Mondi is an annual music and opera festival, that has been held in Spoleto from June to early July since 1958.
Follow ItalyHeritage on Facebook:
In its 50th anniversary, the Festival will fill 2 weeks with performing arts and music under the direction of Francis Menotti – the son of founder Gian Carlo Menotti. Guests will include artists as Placido Domingo, Joshua Bell and Yo-Yo Ma, Cecilia Batoli, Andy Garcia, Terry Gilliam, Paul Mazurski, Jean-Yves Thibaudet, the Berlin Philarmonik, Alan Curtis. In the field of Dance, the winners of the Youth American Grand Prix will perform on 6 and 8 july at the Teatro Nuovo. Theater will feature Valter Malosti, the Samudra Performing Arts, Saam Schlamminger.
The section Great Trials will feature this year Marquis Casati Stampa, Cain and George Orwell. The Jazz section will have as guests Swedish brothers Trummor & Orgel.
- Andy Garcia – 30 June 2007 ore 18.00 – Teatro Nuovo, “The Lost City” by Andy Garcia
- Gian Carlo Menotti – concert MARIA GOLOVIN, Location: Teatro Nuovo, Dates: 29 June hours 21.00 – 5, 11, 13 july 2007 hours 21.00 – - 8 july 2007 hours 17.00
- Concerti alla Rocca, Location: the Rocca Albornoz – Dates 3 july, ore 22.00 (Gabriel Fauré, Johannes Brahms) – 11 july, 22.00 hours, program Robert Schuman, Edward Grieg, César Franck
- The Berliner Philharmoniker, Location: the Rocca Albornoz – Dates 14 july, 22.00 hours
- Italian Music of the 20th century – Location: Teatro Gaio Melisso, 8 July 20.00 hours (Alfredo Casella, Alessandro Casagrande, Luca Lombardi, Nino Rota)
- Midday Concerts – every day from 30 June to 7 July at the Teatro Gaio Melisso
- Ora Mistica – Sacred music late at night in the wonderful location of the Basilica Sant’Eufemia, dates: 29 e 30 June, 5 e 13 july, hours 23.30 – 6 e 7 july hours 24.00
- Umbria segreta – Chamber Music at noon, in different location in the surroundins of Spoleto, accompanied by tastings of local products and wines: 30 June in Amelia, 1 July in Monteleone, 4 July in Ferentillo, 8 July in Poreta, 14 July in Scheggino
- Spoleto Jazz – a rich program with events almost every day
- Final Concert in Piazza del Duomo, 19 hours 15 July, the Spoleto Festival Orchestra directed by Mark Stringer and the Spoleto Festival Coro directed by Donald Nally, singers Raffaella Angeletti, Victoria Livengood, Paul Charles Clarke, Chris Pedro Trakas, Andreas Scheibner – will perform works by Gian Carlo Menotti: “The Death of Orpheus”, “Two Spanish Visions”, “Muero porque no muero (Santa Teresa D’Avila)”, “Oh llama de amor viva! (San Giovanni della Croce)”, Missa “O Pulcritudo”