On a hill between the di Contra and Sant'Antonio valleys, not far from the city of Sulmona, Introdacqua is an ancient centre, dominated by the profile of a castle.
Altitude: 640 m a.s.l
-- Distance from L'Aquila: 110 km
-- Population: ca. 1700 inhabitants
-- Zip code: 67030
-- Phone Area Code: 0864
-- How to reach it:
- road: A25 exit Cocullo then S.S n° 479
On a nearby archaeological area, Monte Plaia, traces of Italic settlements were found; the present town goes back toMedieval times, when it was a fiefdom of the Trasmondi family.
Sights & Excursions
- The medieval castle, one of the many sighting towers that visually connected Abruzzo to Naples, the capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies.
- Palazzo Trasmondi, built by the ancient feudal Lords of the place.
- the Church of Maria Santissima Annunziata, which also contains interesting works of art.
- Monte Plaia and Monte Genzana, with rare wildlife specimens.
Events & Festivities
- First half of August Festival of "porchetta and prosciutto"
- 20 August Feast of St. Feliciano and St. Antonio
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
Genealogy, News & Links