Alfedena, Province of L'Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy
Hidden in a wonderfully green landscape, Alfedena still shows medieval elements, such as the fine chiesa di SS. Pietro e Paolo, as well as megalithic walls, a necropolis and an Italic temple.
Altitude: 914 m a.s.l
-- Distance from L'Aquila: 100 km
-- Population: ca. 700 inhabitants
-- Zip code: 67030
-- Phone Area Code: 0864
-- How to reach it: road S.S. n°83
- bus, trains: from Avezzano
In pre-Roman times Alfedena was an important Samnite centre, as shown by the presence of a remarkable temple. Then in the Middle Ages it belonged to the Sangro County, and was seriously damaged during the II World War.
Sights & Excursions
- Megalithic walls
- The Italic temple at Monte Curino
- XIII-century Church of SS. Pietro e Paolo, rebuilt after World War Two
- The Museo Civico Aufidenate "A De Nino"
- Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo
Hotels, Lodging, Restaurants
- Albergo Ristorante Leon D'oro Di Di Giulio Alvaro 32, V. Roma - 67030 Alfedena (AQ) - Tel: +39 0864 87121
- Camping La Luna - loc. Montagna Spaccata - 67030 Alfedena (AQ) - Tel: +39 0864 87329
- Restaurants: Locanda Montegreco |
Hostaria La Vela 5 V.Principe Di Napoli -Tel: +39 0864 0864-87590 |
Ristorante La Ruota 32 V.Principe Di Napoli - Tel: +39 0864 0864-87512 |
Ristorante Pizzeria Pulcinella 6 Str.Stat.83 - Tel: +39 0864 0864-87504
Events & Festivities
- 17 January feast of Sant'Antonio, with the traditional bonfires
- Second Sunday in July Feat of Saints Patrons Maria Salomè and Pietro the martyr
Genealogy, News & Links
- Municipio V.Luigi De Amicis - 67030 Alfedena (AQ) - Tel: +39 0864 87114 - 87335
- Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo - Filiale Alfedena - 1, V. De Amicis - 67030 Alfedena (AQ) - Tel: +39 0864 87898
- Surnames presently recorded in Alfedena
- Newspaper articles on Alfedena
Did you like this page? Share it with your friends!
copyright abruzzo2000 - italyheritage 1998-2013 --- contact